Safe Routes To School Community Meeting
Hoover-Keppel-Toll Schools and on E. Chevy Chase Drive
- Date: 03/22/2017 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: Municipal Service Building
633 E Broadway Room 106
Glendale, California 91206
- Introduction: This meeting is for Roosevelt, Glendale Christian, Mann, Glendale Community College (Garfield Campus) and Muir Schools.
In continuing the City's efforts to reduce injuries and fatalities to pedestrians while also encouraging them to walk or bike to school, Public Works will be implementing the Safe Routes To School Project near Hoover-Keppel-Toll Schools and on Chevy Chase Drive near Roosevelt Middle School, Mann Elementary School, Glendale Christian School, Glendale Community College (Garfield Campus).
Hoover-Keppel-Toll Schools Routes Locations and Limits:
- Concord Street between Glenwood Road and Glenoaks Boulevard;
- Kenilworth Avenue between Concord Street and Glenoaks Boulevard, including intersection of Stocker Street, Kenilworth Avenue, and Concord Street
- Intersection of Virginia Avenue and South Street, Palm Drive and South Street, and Highland Avenue and South Street Constructing bulb outs
Chevy Chase Drive Route Limits:
- Chevy Chase Drive between Glendale Avenue and Tyler Street
Scope of Work
- Installation of Traffic Calming measures such as modification of curb returns and installation of bulb-outs and median island at the intersections
- Installation of new or modification of existing ramps to meet current Federal ADA requirements;
- Reconstruction/Resurfacing of existing pavement within project limits
- Application of Slurry Seal and crack filling on Chevy Chase Drive
- Removal of existing street trees that are in conflict with the proposed improvements and planting new trees;
- Modification of an existing catch basin; and installation of new catch basins
- Installation of traffic Circles, traffic striping and pavement markings, bike lanes and "Sharrows"- shared road markings.
For more information regarding the project or to see the location map, click here.