Here you will find links to many city events. If you would like to see events offered by the Library, Arts & Culture Department, including free summertime lunches and programs for children, arts event for all ages and educational events please click here.
Medicinal Plants of the West - SOLD OUT
- Date: 03/25/2017 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Location: Deukmejian Wilderness Park
3429 Markridge Rd.
Glendale, California 91214
Medicinal Plants of the West
With Dr. James Adams, USC School of Pharmacy, Co-author of "Healing with Medicinal Plants of the West - Cultural and Scientific Basis for Their Use"
Topics to be discussed on the trail:
- Ways that the Chumash Indians use native plants as medicine
- The role that these plants play in everyday healthcare
- Tips on where to purchase and how to grow your own medicinal plants
This is a fast paced hike on a moderately steep trail with many stops to discuss the plants and their uses.
Space is very limited for this program. You must call (818) 548-3795 to reserve your place on this hike.
Participants are asked to wear sturdy shoes and protective clothing. Bring water, sun screen, and a hat.
This Trails and Open Space program is sponsored by the Glendale Parks & Open Space Foundation.