Special Event Permit

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Special event permit instructions and requirements

Special Permit requests are made primarily for events that require the use of City Property, including parks, city streets, and sidewalks. The City Of Glendale requires at least (1) month prior notice, depending upon the size of the event, to complete the permit. The permit is sent to various city departments for approval.

The cost of the permit depends upon the type of event and city services required. For example, if the Police Department determines that officers will be needed for the event, the applicant will be billed the contract rate with a four-hour minimum. The Community Services & Parks department would also charge for services and staff time, as needed. The City Of Glendale also requires insurance for any event that utilizes city property. The applicant would be required to rent barricades and post "No Parking Signs" on the appropriate streets when street closure is requested.

Some examples of special events are: parades, carnivals, farmers markets, block parties, parking lot sales (4 times of year), and various civic events at city parks.

Before a Special Event permit can be issued, when utilizing city property, you must submit an insurance certificate ($1,000,000 Each Occurrence and $2,000,000 General Aggregate minimum coverage) naming the City as "Additional Insured" and specifying that insurance as "primary." In addition, the certificate must have an additional insured endorsement or binder, or an amendment to the insurance policy (duly executed by the insurance company itself) authorizing the agent to modify the certificate to comply with requirements. Additional coverage may be required if deemed necessary. Contact the City Clerk's Office for appropriate wording required on the certificate.

Sample Certificate of Liability and Special Endorsement Form

An application and site plan are both required, there is a $30.00 application fee.