Special event permit instructions and requirements
Special Permit requests are made primarily for events that require the use of City Property, including parks, city streets, and sidewalks. The City Of Glendale requires at least (1) month prior notice, depending upon the size of the event, to complete the permit. The permit is sent to various city departments for approval.
The cost of the permit depends upon the type of event and city services required. For example, if the Police Department determines that officers will be needed for the event, the applicant will be billed the contract rate with a four-hour minimum. The Community Services & Parks department would also charge for services and staff time, as needed. The City Of Glendale also requires insurance for any event that utilizes city property. The applicant would be required to rent barricades and post "No Parking Signs" on the appropriate streets when street closure is requested.
Some examples of special events are: parades, carnivals, farmers markets, block parties, parking lot sales (4 times of year), and various civic events at city parks.
- General Liability (MUST name City of Glendale as Additional Insured on Endorsement)
- $1,000,000 Each Occurrence
- $2,000,000 General Aggregate
- An Additional Insured Endorsement is required naming the City of Glendale as an additional
insured “The City of Glendale, and its officers, agents, employees, and representatives are
included as additional insureds under the policy(s).” . This insurance is primary to the coverage
of the City of Glendale. The insurance company will not cancel, terminate, or reduce the
insurance afforded under the policy unless 30 days notice of such cancellation, termination, or
reduction has been mailed to the City of Glendale.
- The endorsement must have the policy number printed on it even if there isn’t a designated
space for it.
- Please note that the City’s Special Endorsement (L-15) is no longer acceptable.
- See below for samples of acceptable endorsements.
- Please be advised that additional insurance may be required based on the description of the
- The Certificate Holder should appear as follows:
City of Glendale — City Clerk
613 E. Broadway, # 110
Glendale, CA 91206
An application and site plan are both required, there is a $30.00 application fee.