HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- List of Protected Trees
|Coast Live Oak||Valley Oak|
|Mesa Oak||Scrub Oak|
|California Sycamore||California Bay|
- Permit is not required for routine pruning of live wood, as defined by the ordinance on indigenous trees if the pruning cut is less than 2" in diameter (approximately the size of a standard soup can). See Ordinance for additional permit exemption information.
- Topping, hat racking or lion's tail pruning of an indigenous tree is prohibited.
- Pruning of trees shall be performed in accordance with arboriculture industry standards.
- Pruning of one quarter of the total tree's live foliage is prohibited without a permit.
- Proposed tree removals, encroachments or relocations as a result of development activities will require a plan review and permit with applicable fees. Photographs and a site plan may be required.
- THERE IS NO APPLICATION FEE FOR PRUNING PERMITS [PDF] AND QUESTIONS ARE ALWAYS FREE!
- For more information on our Indigenous Tree Program, please call City of Glendale Public Works Department
Maintenance Services Division
541 W. Chevy Chase. Dr.
Glendale, CA 91204-1813
Ph: (818) 548-3950
- The Permit Application form [PDF] is available on this website or from the Permit Services Center.
- All necessary permit transactions will take place at City of Glendale Permit Services Center
633 E. Broadway, Room 101
Glendale, CA 91206
Ph: (818) 548-3200
Fax: (818) 548-3215
Counter hours for Jeremy Cawn, Indigenous Tree Program Coordinator, are Mondays from 10 am - 12 pm and Wednesdays from 8 am - 10 am.
- Local Tree Care Professionals - A courtesy list of local Tree Care Professionals is available by clicking here. The City of Glendale neither recommends nor endorses the individuals or firms contained in the file.
- For more information please visit Tree Care